View post by Bungie directly @ https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44672/7_This-Week-at-Bungie–04212016
This Week at Bungie – 04/21/2016
This week at Bungie we’re preparing for Lord Saladin’s return.
The April Update arrived last week, but there are still some changes to Destiny you’ve yet to experience. The next Iron Banner has more tricks in store for you.
Before we dive into that, you may have noticed that I have wrested control of our weekly communication ritual away from DeeJ. Fear not, he will only be gone a few days, and left me in charge of the Conn.
Begins: Tuesday, April 26th, 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, May 2nd, 2AM Pacific
The game type is Clash!
Designer Jeremiah Pieschl has some news about what will be changing as the gates of the Crucible endgame swing open…
Jeremiah: In the first Iron Banner after the April Update, you’ll experience some changes we’ve made to improve the reward experience. Legendary Engrams are great and all, but if you’re playing Iron Banner, it’s more likely that you want some of that sweet Iron Banner gear. So you should expect to see more Iron Banner gear next week instead of Legendary Engrams. Iron Banner gear will now have a chance to drop after every match you play – no more waiting until Rank 2. Given that many players spend more time playing at lower ranks due to the tempered mechanic, it was important to make sure those earlier games were rewarding as well.
Also, to address the Fallen Walker in the room: Some of you were adamant that your reward experience wasn’t consistent with your fellow Guardians. We did some digging and uncovered a reward logic issue that blocked some of your rewards prior to Rank 5 in Iron Banner. That issue was resolved in the April Update.
I believe these changes are going to significantly improve your experience in Iron Banner next week. I’ll be listening closely for your feedback! An excerpt from the April Update follows:
- Lord Saladin’s inventory has been updated with items at Ranks 3-5, some with re-rolled perks
- Rank package rewards have been adjusted:
- Increased Rank 3 package Artifact to 320 Light
- Increased Rank 5 package Ghost to 320 Light
- Rank 5 packages can now reward items from the current event
- Iron Banner Armor and Weapons can now be earned at Rank 0 at the end-of-activity
- Removed Legendary Engrams from the possible end-of-activity rewards list, creating a greater chance to receive Iron Banner specific items
- “Iron Domination” daily bounty now requires completing a match with a personal score of 1500 instead of winning a match with 2500
- “Iron Versatility” bounty now only requires 7 Heavy Weapon kills to complete
- Fixed an issue where players below Rank 5 could roll a reward they were ineligible for, resulting in no reward being given
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Banner ship was missing a part of its frame
As the Iron Lords become more generous, let’s take a look at what you might be receiving…
As always, Lord Saladin will be awaiting you in the Tower. Good luck out there.
It should be noted here that Challenge of Elders rewards both teamwork and individual achievement. Last week the combined score of all players that completed the Challenge of Elders reached a staggering 110,320,117,930 points! Some Fireteams did perform better than others, striving for high scores. The High Score is determined by the sum total of the Fireteam. This week we rewarded those of you who were precise, encouraging you to be deliberate with every shot by giving bonus points on precision kills. Here are the top three Fireteams for week one of the Challenge of Elders.
Top Three High Scores
- Top score – 79,570
- Sc Slayerage
- Second place – 63,860
- Third Place – 62,940
- Irish Axeman
- HAJI BAHBAH
Destiny Player Support
We have a team of brave individuals who act as ever-watchful Guardians over the #Help forum.
DPS: With Hotfix 188.8.131.52.1, issues impacting the dispersal of Weekly Postmaster Sterling Treasures have been resolved. We’ve seen confusion concerning how many Sterling Treasures players should receive each week after the Tuesday reset.
There are three Sterling Treasure rewards that may be earned each week. These are granted once per account, per week:
- Signing into Destiny through a Console, or inspecting a character via Bungie.net or the Destiny Companion App will result in one Sterling Treasure being sent to the Postmaster.
- Completing one Weekly Crucible Activity will result in one Sterling Treasure being rewarded in the Post Game Carnage Report.
- Completing one Level 41 Prison of Elders Activity will result in one Sterling Treasure being rewarded in the Post Game Carnage Report.
Additionally, Bungie.net Clan Migration is coming soon. Clan Leaderboards, announced through the “This Week at Bungie: 03/17/2016”, will begin functioning once this process has taken place.
In preparation, please note the following:
- Be sure that either a Group Founder or one Group Admin is a member of your Clan, as they will act as a “Clan Captain.” If this is not done, your Clan will not be migrated until a later date.
- Note: Group Founders may appoint Clan Captains through the Clan Roster.
- Moving forward, Clans will be required to have Unique Names. If your Clan currently matches the name of another when Migration takes place, a randomly assigned character may be applied during the process. This may be changed through the Admin Tools of the Private Group once your Clan has been migrated.
I’m going to keep this short, we’ve got your movies ready. Please sit down, and no texting. Emergency exits are probably at the front. If you are wanting to win the emblem send your submission to the Creations page. Now prepare yourself for movies.
Movie of the Week: Double Experience
Honorable Mention: The Journey Begins
Honorable Mention: Death-tage
The April Update, or “The Taken Spring” as the community has lovingly named it – has been a lot of fun. Thanks for coming along for the ride. Please continue to give us your feedback. We’re always listening.