April 14, 2016 by Kyber3000
This Week At Bungie – 04/14/2016
This week at Bungie we unleashed the April Update.
Over the past month, we’ve said a lot about how we intended to infuse your Guardian lifestyle with new content and gear. It was nice to finally shut up and listen to the sweet anecdotes that flow from your own personal battles. That’s when we love you the most – when you’re discovering new things.
As with every update to a live game, there were a few results that we didn’t expect. We’ll dig into the issues we’re addressing and the solutions we’re contemplating below. First, though, here’s a lovely parade of Guardians enjoying their newfound riches.
There are new things to earn in Destiny – and new action to lead you to them. Go out there and get yourself some.
For some of you, the Postmaster failed to keep our promise about Sterling Treasure boxes. You should get one of them each week, just for checking in with that sometimes-helpful robot. If you have not, we’re on the case.
Our intention is to deliver the missing boxes to those of you who missed them. We’re working on a plan to deploy a fix that should do just that (and prevent it from happening again) before the next weekly reset. Pardon the cliffhanger, but we promise to circulate more information when we can guarantee it. Either way, our intention is that you’ll all get what’s coming to you (and we mean that in a completely non-threatening way).
In related news, Variks and Shaxx have both been successful in delivering Sterling Treasure boxes to those Guardians who are answering their respective challenges. Play those weekly featured Crucible playlists and take a dive into the Level 41 Prison of Elders. Moral to the story? Never send a bot to do a job that belongs to a sentient creature.
More to come on this hot topic soon. Please stay tuned.
In a Post-April Update World
For insight on the rest of the issues we’re tracking, we now pass the mic to Destiny Player Support.
DPS: Hot on the heels of Update 2.2.0, we have status updates on some of the issues that we have identified or seen reported in frequently asked questions posted in the #Help forum:
- To unlock the new April Update Quests “At the Gates” and “Return to the Prison”, Characters must have reached Level 40 and completed the “Dread Patrol” Quest Step.
- We are aware of an issue where some players’ Clan Tags are not appearing in-game after accepting Update 2.2.0. Using the “Repair Clan” feature on Bungie.net should resolve this issue. For additional information, please see this Help Article.
- Page numbers displayed within the Vault will increase or decrease depending on the amount of items you actively have within your Vault. For more information, follow this link. Vault Space totals are now as follows:
- 108 Weapons
- 108 Armor
- 72 General Items
- The Year 2 Prison of Elders Exotics Dreg’s Promise, Queenbreakers’ Bow, and Lord of Wolves may be earned by completing Prison of Elders Challenge Mode Activities. These may not be acquired via Exotic Weapon Blueprints.
- Some weekly rewards, such as Legendary Engrams or Sterling Treasure Mystery Bags, are granted via Post Game Carnage Reports. These rewards may not be granted if you leave the activity before seeing this screen.
- Players are reporting less ammunition than expected dropping in specific PvE encounters. We’re investigating and looking at data.
- Universal Remote (a Primary Weapon) is decrypting from Special Weapon Engrams. Investment designers are looking into why this Exotic Shotgun has forgotten its role.
- Ghosts are dropping as rewards for Nightfall Strikes with lower Light than expected. A fix is being planned for a future deployment.
- Cryptarch Rank Up packages are granting Year One Engrams. We also hope to fix this in a future deployment.
When he’s not leading Community Fireteams into the heat of battle, this Renaissance man is also perusing the art that gives rise to legends.
Cozmo: We’ve got more movies for you. Good ones, with lots of action. Glad to see you’re already making good use of the new Emotes. Keep them coming. All winners and honorable mentions will be receiving this pretty Emblem. You can submit your own entries on the Creations page for a chance to win. Grand prize winners will receive the Double Banshee shader code.*
The dust from our deployment has yet to settle, but I can sense a question bubbling up to the top of your throat:
Ask us again sometime. There’s fresh fighting to do in the Prison of Elders, and beyond. The Taken threat requires your action, and there is sweet loot to earn as your reward.
The next point on the horizon is an update we’re cooking up for the Fall. I’ve seen it. I’m excited about it. I will say no more… For now.
Hopefully, the ramp up to the April Update served up some proof that we love speaking at length about new Destiny content, once it arrives at its final form. Later on this summer, we’ll show you the scope, scale, and flavor for the next challenge you’ll face.
Until then, we’ll see you in the Reef. And the Tower. And, you know, the Crucible. All the places, basically.